Microneedling is an easy and effective technique to lift, tighten, and rejuvenate the skin. It is a great way to combat signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines, and is equally effective for treating skin irregularities such as stretch marks. Microneedling is an innovative process that can be used on both the face and body to improve complexion, and generate extraordinary results for aging skin.
Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure that utilizes a device containing tiny needles that puncture the skin, creating tiny wounds. This action triggers the body’s natural healing process, causing it to produce collagen and elastin, which are important building blocks for young, healthy-looking skin. There are various systems that can be used to deliver microneedling including the ultramodern Dermapen.
The Dermapen is a pen-shaped device that uses multiple needles to vertically pierce the skin, and stimulate natural collagen production. Advanced skin needling promotes scarless healing, which is a lot like fractional laser treatment, but without the downtime.
Benefits of Micro-Needling
- Visible improvement in skin texture within a few days of the first treatment.
- Cost effective
- Little or no downtime time (1 day or less)
- No permanent damage or injury
- No bruising, infection, discoloration or other side-effects
- Increases the absorption rate for active ingredients in skin care products that are applied after treatment.
- Safe for use on most skin types.
- Thickens the deeper, dermal layer of the skin, without damaging the extreme outer layer.
What it Treats
Microneedling treats skin issues such as stretch marks, acne scars, wrinkles, and cellulite.
The skin will be plumper and more radiant within a week or two of treatment. There will also be a significant reduction in the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and fine lines.